Withrow & MacEwen’s Small Animal Clinical Oncology
- ISBN: 9781437723625
- 5th ed. 2012, 768 pages
Abhängig von der Lieferadresse kann die MwSt. an der Kasse variieren.
Lieferzeit: Bestellung wird vorgemerkt
Withrow & MacEwen’s Small Animal Clinical Oncology, the 5th edition tells the full story of cancer in dogs and cats.
This book provides a unique focus on the most effective interventional techniques, what it is, how to diagnose it, and how to treat many of the most common cancers encountered in clinical practice.
The book contains nearly 500 color photographs, diagrams, x-rays, and gross views depict the clinical manifestations of various cancers.
This edition covers the latest advances in clinical oncology, including chemotherapy, surgical oncology and diagnostic techniques.
It also contains contributions from 65 veterinary oncology experts, this authoritative reference is a must-have for current, evidence-based therapeutic strategies on canine and feline oncology.
Written by Stephen J. Withrow DVM DACVS DACVIM (Oncology), Rodney Page DVM DACVIM (Internal Med/Oncology) and David M. Vail DVM DACVIM.
Why Worry About Cancer in Pets?
Section 1: THE BIOLOGY AND PATHOGENESIS OF CANCER
1. The Etiology of Cancer
1A. Genetic Factors
1B. Chemical, Physical, and Hormonal
1C. Cancer-Causing Viruses
2. Tumor Biology and Metastasis
3. The Pathology of Neoplasia
4. The Epidemiology and Incidence of Cancer
5. Paraneoplastic Syndromes
Section 2: DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES FOR THE CANCER PATIENT
6. Diagnostic Imaging in Oncology
7. Diagnostic Cytology in Clinical Oncology
8. Molecular Diagnostics
9. Biopsy Principles and Staging
Section 3: THERAPEUTIC MODALITIES FOR THE CANCER PATIENT
10. Surgical Oncology
11. Cancer Chemotherapy
12. Radiation Therapy
13. Immunotherapy of Cancer
14. Molecular/Targeted Therapy of Cancer
14A. Gene Therapy for Cancer
14B. Signal Transduction and Cancer
14C. Anti-angiogenic & Metronomic Treatment
14D. Emerging Therapeutics
15. Miscellaneous Treatments for Solid Tumors
15A. Management of Chronic Cancer Pain
15B. Nutritional Management of the Cancer Patient
15C. Client Grief Support
16. Complementary and Alternative Medicine for Patients with Cancer
17. Clinical Trials NEW!
Section 4: SPECIFIC MALIGNANCIES IN THE SMALL ANIMAL PATIENT
18. Tumors of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissues
19. Melanoma NEW!
20. Mast Cell Tumors
21. Soft Tissue Sarcomas
22. Cancer of the Gastrointestinal Tract
22A. Oral Tumors
22B. Salivary Glanc Cancer
22C. Esophageal Cancer
22D. Exocrine Pancreatic Cancer
22E. Gastric Cancer
22F. Hepatobiliary Tumors
22G. Intestinal Tumors
22H. Perianal Tumors
23. Tumors of the Respiratory System
23A. Cancer of the Nasal Planum
23B. Canine Nasosinal Tumors
23C. Cancer of the Larynx and Trachea
23D. Pulmonary Neoplasia
24. Tumors of the Skeletal System
25. Tumors of the Endocrine System
26. Tumors of the Female Reproductive System
27. Tumors of the Mammary Gland
28. Tumors of the Male Reproductive System
29. Tumors of the Urinary System
30. Tumors of the Nervous System
31. Ocular Tumors
32. Hematopoietic Tumors
32A. Canine Lymphoma and Lymphoid Leukemia
32B. Feline Lymphoma and Leukemia
32C. Canine Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Chronic Myeloproliferative Diseases, and Myelodysplasia
32D. Plasma Cell Neoplasms
33. Miscellaneous Tumors
33C. Canine Transmissible Venereal Tumor
33E. Neoplasia of the Heart
33F. Histiocytic Diseases