Fascia in Sport and Movement, Second edition
Foreword by Thomas W. Findley
- Verlag: Handspring Publ.
- ISBN: 9781912085774
- 2021, 2 ed., 636 pages
Abhängig von der Lieferadresse kann die MwSt. an der Kasse variieren.
Lieferzeit: ca. 5 - 10 Tage/days
Fascia in Sport and Movement, Second Edition, is a book with contributions from 51 leading teachers and practitioners from across the spectrum of bodywork and movement professions. It provides professionals from all areas of bodywork and movement with the most up-to-date information they need to successfully teach, train, coach, strengthen, combat injury, relieve pain and improve mobility.
The new edition contains 21 new chapters, and the chapters in the first edition have been updated with new research.
This book is an indispensable resource for all those involved in bodywork – sports coaches, fitness instructors, yoga teachers, Pilates teachers, dance teachers and manual therapists. It explains and demonstrates how an understanding of fascia structure and function can inform and enhance your clinical practice.
The unique strength of the book lies in the breadth of its coverage, the expertise of its authors and the currency of its research and practice base.
Fascia in Sport and Exercise, Second Edition:
- Expands the knowledge of sports professionals, yoga teachers and Pilates instructors to better understand and treat soft tissue injuries.
- Provides the movement and manual therapist with information on how different activities affect the soft tissue matrix of the body and the types of injuries that can occur
- Compiled and edited by Dr Robert Schleip and Dr Jan Wilke, two of the leading researchers in the field of fascia for sport and exercise
- A team of experts who thoroughly and engagingly present the latest research findings and their practical applications
New content in the second edition:
- New chapters cover the influence of sex hormones on fascial connective tissue as well as the topics of nutrition, fluid dynamics, biotensegrity, hypo- and hypermobility, injury prevention and oncology