Botanical medicine for Women’s Health
- Verlag: Elsevier
- ISBN: 9780702061936
- 2nd Edition, 2017, 720 Seiten
inkl. 7 % MwSt. plus Versandkosten
Lieferzeit: ca. 5 - 10 Tage/days
Use herbal medicines to treat women at any stage of life! Botanical Medicine for Womens Health, 2nd Edition provides an evidence-based, patient-centered approach to botanical interventions for many different medical conditions. More than 150 natural products are covered, showing their benefits in gynecologic health, fertility and childbearing, and menopausal health. This edition includes new full-color photos of herbal plants along with a discussion of the role of botanicals in healthy aging. Written by Aviva Romm, an experienced herbalist, midwife, and physician, this unique guide is an essential resource for everyday practice of herbal medicine.
- Current, evidence-based information covers more than 150 botanicals for over 35 different conditions.
- Case studies provide realistic scenarios and help you apply the content to the real world.
- Treatment and formula boxes summarize the most important information.
- Color illustrations and photographs of plants enable you to identify herbs visually as well as by substance make-up.
- Logical chapter organization begins with the principles of herbal medicine and then covers womens health conditions organized chronologically by lifecycle, from teen and reproductive years to midlife and mature years.
Appendices include practical, at-a-glance information on common botanical names, chemical constituents of medicinal plants, and a summary table of herbs for women’s health.