Moxibustion: A Modern Clinical Handbook
- Verlag: Blue Poppy Press
- ISBN: 9781891845499
- 2009, 410 Seiten
Abhängig von der Lieferadresse kann die MwSt. an der Kasse variieren.
Lieferzeit: ca. 5 - 10 Tage/days
This book is written and designed to be a practical clinical handbook of moxibustion to be used by modern practitioners and students of Eastern Asian medicine in everyday clinical settings. It contains techniques and treatments as old as the Huang Di Nei Jing (Yellow Emperor’s Inner Classic) and as contemporary as modern clinical trials. It has information on techniques that every practitioner will find useful.
Included are sections on:
- Moxibustions specific functions and uses
- How to grow and process mugwort into moxibustion floss
- Moxibustion techniques of all kinds, using mugwort as well as other medicinal substances
- Recipes for making moxa ointments
- Using needle moxa methods, moxa boxes, liquid moxa, moxa plasters and pastes
- The use of specific acupoints in moxa therapy
- Preventive therapy with moxibustion
- Moxa prescriptions for specific conditions our patients present
To prepare for the writing of this book, the author personally experimented with most of the techniques described in this book so that she could write clear step-by-step directions. In addition to very understandable directions, over 100 photo illustrations covering every aspect of preparation and patient care using moxa are provided where necessary. The practical, usable nature of this book will help many practitioners increase the effectiveness of their moxibustion treatments.