Textbook on the management of autoimmune diseases with Chinese Medicine
This pioneering book presents an autoritative and comprehensive overview of autoimmune diseases from a clinical perspective and provides a step-by-step methology for the evaluation and combination of herbal medicine and acupuncture in the management of these generally chronic and often distressing conditions, fully recognizing the application of Chinese medicine alongside Western medicine where appropriate. Written by one of China`s foremost specialists in the field, this book draws on the author`s 50 years of clinical experience to provide an in-depth analysis of his highly practical approach to treatment of the main autoimmune diseases, making it an indispensable companion for all Chinese medicine practitioners and all health professionals with an interest in understanding how Chinese medicine can help their patients.
– Diseases discussed in depth include systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, Sjörgen`s syndrome, Crohn`s disease, Graves`disease and multiple sclerosis.
– Extensive and informative selection of case histories demonstrating the translation of theory into practice.
– Wide spectrum of up-to-date clinical experience from highly regarded Chinese sources, thus broadening the information available to practitioners outside China.
– Discussion of the role of Chinese medicine alongside Western medicine.
– More than 40 color photos.